Friday 9 April 2010

I sit here and look at this blank page and wonder why I can't think of anything to write any more. Is my mind so small that I've exhausted it in less than 10,000 words? Pretty poor show if you ask me. I'm hoping it's just a temporary loss of thought, but it could well be forever. Life is very stressful at the moment. I have a film to make, all the paperwork to write up for it, several photography shoots to sort out, the paperwork for that too, and revising to do for philosophy. I really can't get motivated to do any of it though. I know many of you would just reply; well your loss, you're the one that's going to fail at life, not me. Ah well. The more you've got to lose, the harder it is to walk away. When you have nothing left, you are totally free. At the risk of sounding cliché, maybe this society in which we have cocooned ourselves is what's holding us back. Eco-warriors are always telling us to get back to nature and maybe that's what we need. I don't think humanity is going to give what we have up all too easily though, I know I wouldn't. The power of humans is adaptability and progression. Stripping us of our progress is just going backwards and then we have to start again. Maybe this is what we need, and to do things right this time. What is 'right' though? Nietzsche thought that we were all retained in an 'eternal return' that reprocessed us through life again and again until we could accept that the would is the way it is and that's how it has to be. He said that if you were given history to control, if you changed it to make it for the better then you had to go back and live another life. He thought that we can only die in peace when we learn that life isn't just about good and evil, pain and pleasure, black and white. It's about the end result too. Yes there are wars and there is death and hate in the world, but there is also an insurmountable amount of love and life and peace in the world too. Maybe we should spend our time thinking about a way to move forward rather than dwell on our mistakes of the past.

Rather hypocritical of me, that comment, however. All I ever do is dwell on my own mistakes and hate myself for them, but we don't always have to practice what we preach, do we? A father might steal food to feed his children, but hide this from them and still teach them to be good people. Life isn't perfect and nor are we. When someone asks me what they should do I'm not going to tell them to do the 'wrong' thing just because I did the wrong thing. I often knowingly do the 'wrong' thing out of self destruction, but that doesn't stop me from wanting other people to make the right choices. Tired now. I'll write a proper entry soon, I promise.

So Long, So Love

No comments:

Post a Comment